About This Website
My Labor Matters is a communication platform that aims to share relevant resources and information for workers and jobseekers in the Philippines (PH) - Taiwan Corridor.
Here in My Labor Matters, the voice of every worker matters.
Our goal is to:
- Make sure that Filipino workers and jobseekers, especially those working in the PH-Taiwan corridor, are updated with relevant news and information they need to help them make better decisions and informed choices.
- Provide a venue to share the stories and narratives of migrant workers, to shed light on their experiences working as Filipinos abroad.
- Offer a platform where workers can report grievances and concerns related to their recruitment and/ or working conditions.
How we can help you
This platform is jointly-managed by Verite Southeast Asia (VSEA), Center for Migrant Advocacy (CMA), Filipino Migrants Center, and Energetic Green/TALL
We want to hear your voice.
- We constantly update information sourced from POEA, DOLE, the Philippine Embassy in Taiwan, relevant agencies and offices, NGOs, and workers’ support groups
- The site also provides contact information on helplines (call and text services) available to workers, through our partner NGO - Migrant Workers Concern Desk (MWCD) - Taiwan, and CMA in the Philippines.
- Through our Report Concerns platform, worker grievances may be reported confidentially via private message, phone call, or text which are received by skilled and experienced labor rights advocates, who speak the workers’ language, and who can help workers seek ways to address their grievances.
Because every story matters.
- We feature narratives and case studies based on workers’ testimonies, verified by Verité and partner organizations.
- We also share links to other organizations and sites.
- Our social media features information and insights useful to workers and jobseekers in the Philippine-Taiwan corridor.