Retrieved from Japan International Training Cooperation Organization
See official page
JICA Trainee: After receiving Letter of Acceptance to the course, kindly follow accordingly to avoid delay in the processing of your documents:
|STEP #||WHERE TO GO||WHAT TO BRING|
|1. Travel Authority||To your concerned department head||Acceptance letter from TESDA (for Group Training Courses) or JICA (for Counterpart and AreaFocused Training)|
|2. Official Passport(RED)
*5 Working days
|Department of Foreign Affairs
Office of Consular Affairs BuildingAseana Business Park Diosdado
Macapagal Blvd. corner
Bradco Avenue, Brgy. Tambo
|1. Issuance/Revalidation of Passport Application Form
2. Two (2) Passport size photos with royal blue background
3. Birth Certificate (registered/authenticated by NSO)
4. Original and an extra copy of Signed Travel Authority or Malacañang Authority.
5. Scholarship/Training Contract from respective agencies
6. SEALED (Dry or Wet) Original OR Certified True Copy of Latest Service Record/Appointment (with full middle name)
7. Original Copy of Certificate of No Pending Administrative Record/ Case
8. Letter of TESDA/ JICA acceptance
9. Endorsement Letter from the Applicant’s Agency addressed to DFA.
10. Certified True Copy of Oath of Office (for Elected Officials)
11. Certified True Copy of Presidential Full Powers or Appointment Paper (for Presidential Appointees)*Personal Appearance is required for those who have never been issued epassport. (Regular, Official or Diplomatic Passport)
For married women, submit Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by NSO or
CTC issued by the Local Civil
Registrar duly authenticated by
|3. Pre-departure Orientation||JICA Philippines
40th Floor, Yuchengco Tower, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue Makati City
Tel no. 8897119
*MWF (starts at 10:00 am until 12:00 pm)
*Must go to JICA at least seven (7) working days before departure date to attend orientation & issuance of pertinent documents for visa application.
Participants must visit the JICA Global Network website before the PDOS in order to have a better understanding of JICA’s Training Program . For information about JICA’s Domestic Centers and its Facilities,
2. *For Government employee: Official Passport (validated)
3. *For NGO/Private company employee: Regular (maroon) passport that is at least 6 months valid from the date of departure from Japan going back to Manila
4. Photocopy of Travel Authority
5. DFA Note Verbale (for Official Passport only,
to be issued by DFA)
6. Php700 for membership to JICA Alumni Association of the Philippines (JAAP)NOTE:
*All JICA Trainees starting JFY 2013 are automatically members of JAAP and are required to pay the corresponding registration fee (Php 500.00) and annual fee (Php 200.00) during PDOS.
|4. Travel Tax
|Travel Tax Division
Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone
142 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village
|1. Original JICA letter addressed to TIEZA (to be issued by JICA during the Pre-departure Orientation)
2. Official valid passport or photocopy
3. Photocopy of Travel AuthorityNOTE:
Check your tax exemption certificate if your name is spelled correctly and passport number and destination details are correct.
*5 working days
|Embassy of Japan
2627 Roxas Boulevard
*Personal appearance required Schedule of Filing:
|1. Official valid passport (with JICA tracker attached at the back with paper clip)
2. Original DFA Note Verbale (for Official Passport only)
3. JICA letter in Japanese (released by JICA at the Pre-
4. Visa application form
5. Photo (45 mm x 45 mm) pasted on the form
6. Birth Certificate from NSO: issued less than 6 months prior to visa application.*Trainees with late registered Birth Certificate will have to submit a Baptismal Certificate AND Form 137/ High School Record.
*Trainees with old Japan visa may submit the copy of the visa instead of the NSO birth certificate.
Upon getting your visa, check if your name is spelled correctly and double check your birthday and passport number.
|6. Plane Ticket||JAPAN AIRLINES (JAL)
2/F Oledan Square
6788 Ayala Ave. Makati City
PHILIPPINE AIRLINES (PAL)
*any PAL ticketing office
|1. Original passport with
2. Original travel tax Japanese visa exemption certificate from DOTFOR PAL: also show copy of Pre-paid Ticket Advise or PTA
Upon claiming your ticket, check if your name is spelled correctly and double check the flight/date/time.
|7. Day of departure||Be sure to be in NAIA Terminal 1 (for JAL) and Terminal 2 (for PAL) for check-in at least 3 hours before departure time.||See checklist on page 10 of the PDOS brochure|