We take aim at serious problems: child labor, slavery, systemic discrimination against women, dangerous working conditions, and unpaid work.
Some of these problems can be resolved by working directly with individual companies within their areas of influence. In other cases we develop and promulgate standards of performance and promote their adoption to change whole industries, and improve common business processes like procurement and hiring.
Verité is a US-based NGO whose mission is to ensure that people worldwide work under safe, fair, and legal conditions. Verité’s programs leverage the power of multinationals to deliver positive change for vulnerable factory and farm workers in company supply chains.
Verité aims to ensure that globalization is made to work for poor and vulnerable people around the world. We ensure that powerful institutions, and particularly the private sector, take responsibility for solving human rights problems where goods are made and crops are grown. The impact of our work is tangible: more income for workers and harvesters; increased opportunities for women, minorities and migrants; protection for children and those in forced labor; safer working conditions in factories, farms, fisheries and mines; and empowerment for workers and harvesters. The broader context is worldwide, involving hundreds of millions of people and trillions of dollars of goods. (www.verite.org)
What We Do
Verité’s mission is to ensure that people around the world work under safe, fair, and legal conditions.
- We illuminate problems, identify solutions, implement changes, and document outcomes.
- We aim to use the leverage of international business to improve the income, security, and freedom of workers worldwide.
- We believe that long-term, sustainable solutions to the worldwide problem of labor rights violations will emerge only with the leadership of local stakeholders.
- We collaborate with in-country civil society organizations and experts in offices around the globe for our work with multinationals and their suppliers.
- We partner with all institutions that are committed to supporting fair and humane labor within workplaces and supply chains, and creating policy change.